Tuesday, June 12, 2012

General Introductions

I am a mom of 5 beautiful children.  My oldest daughter is 17, then after her comes my 12 year old son, my 5 year old daughter, and two adorable 2 year olds.  Three out of the 5 are adopted and 2 are biological.  Two of my children are medically fragile.

I taught special education in various settings for 12 years.  Now I'm at home.   Amongst many things, I am mom, teacher, nurse, etc. 


I was born and grew up in the West Indies, missionary kid or MK.  Went to a high school in Florida and then graduated with a B.S. in Special Education in South Carolina.  I taught in South Carolina in various areas (classrooms, group homes, homebound, hospital settings, etc.). Growing up is shrouded by abuse, I may talk about that later. This is me when I was 7.

My family means so much to me.  I met my husband while volunteering at Special Olympics.  Who knew we would go on to marry and adopt kids with special needs.  I've been married to my best friend for 14 years. I feel blessed. 
This blog is about a journey.  Some will be about my past journey, but mostly it will be about my journey with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment